Do you or someone you know own an ATV? Utah has changed some of its law for all-terrain vehicles. Check out the new law below to make sure your vehicle is good to go!
1. Your ATV must be street legal, and the operator must have a valid driver’s license.
2. Your ATV cannot be operated on the roadway if:
- The highway is in a county of the first class and posted speed limit is 50 mph, or greater
- The highway is near a grade separated portion of the highway
- The highway authority with jurisdiction over the highway has a designated portion of the highway as closed to street-legal ATVs.
3. ATVs are regulated by the same traffic rules as motorcycles.
4. Operators and passengers under 18-year-old must wear a helmet on the ATV’s (Will change to under 21-year-old in 2018).